Do you struggle to swallow your tablets & capsules?
Do you struggle to swallow your tablets & capsules - this may be your medications or vitamins. For many of us we have to take numerous medications or vitamins to counter deficiencies but I think we all know the feeling that they just didn't go down quite right.
Fortunately now there are some options of taking liquids or powder forms of certain nutrients - but for many of us we still require tablets and capsules.
So we have come up with some key tips that will make it considerably easier.
How should you take them and whats the difference between swallowing tablets & capsules?
- Usually weight more which means that they sink in water rather than float.
- This therefore means when you put them in your mouth, you need to tilt your head backwards so that the tablet sinks to the back of your mouth while you take a gulp of water. This will place the tablet closest to the back of your throat and make it easy to swallow
- These are usually lighter and will be more likely to float when in water. Therefore you need to tilt your head forwards when swallowing capsules with water - again this will ensure the capsules floats and is at the back of your throat and easiest position to swallow.
- So next time you take your larger fish oil capsule - try tilting your head forwards!
- No.1 tip is always to take with a large glass of water. (unless your medication states otherwise) - Not only will it help to swallow but it is also great for ensuring you are getting plenty of hydration.
- Take your vitamins or medication when eating so that they are easy to digest. (Please check the instructions on your vitamins / medication first)
- Try to create a habit - taking them at the same time every day - possibly with your breakfast & a drink.
Let us know if this helps or what you find has been a life-changer when it comes to taking your vitamins and medication!